Monday, February 6, 2012

Sara's Funeral is This Saturday


Posted Feb 8, 2011 3:57pm
by Melinda
Dear Family and Friends:
Sara's funeral will be held this Saturday, February 12th at 10:30 AM at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, located at 22851 Aliso Creek Rd. Aliso Viejo, CA 92656. Everyone is welcome.
We hope to make this a special celebration of our little girl Sara. For many reasons, we have decided to go with a "heart" theme for the funeral. In keeping with this theme, PLEASE WEAR PINK to the funeral.
As soon as I get a chance I have been keeping some notes that I will share in a later post.
THANK YOU for all of your love and support!
Love,
Melinda

I am so very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what you and your family are going through right now. Words are just not enough in situations like this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this tragic time.
Amber Bloomer (SMOMC)

Posted Feb 8, 2011 9:02pm
Melinda & Steven, I will be there Sat in pink & my husband is going to try to come with me! We are so sorry for loss! If you need anything please let us know! We are keeping you & your family in our prayers!!!!

Posted Feb 8, 2011 7:48pm
Steve and Melinda, Bob and I will be at Sara's celebration of life. We love your little family and pray that you and your daughters will feel Heavenly Father's arms around you always! Love, Bob and BJ

Posted Feb 8, 2011 6:33pm
I am sorry I won't be there. You are in my thoughts and prayers! Maureen

Posted Feb 8, 2011 6:15pm
Dear Melinda,
I am sorry, but I will be unable to make it on Saturday. You and your family will be in my thoughts. I will be wearing pink in honor of your sweet Sara. Much love, Lori
Posted Feb 8, 2011 5:05pm
we will be there with pink on or anything else we need to show our love for you and your family and this precious little girl!!
Love, The Brownings
Posted Feb 8, 2011 4:53pm
We will be there. Sorry doesn't seem like enough to explain how I feel about little Sara's passing. Your family continues to be in our prayers. Love you.

Posted Feb 8, 2011 4:30pm
by Susan 
Melinda,
A number of years ago, a good friend of mine lost her daughter to a brain tumor. When I attended the funeral, the following poem by Edgar A. Guest was on the back of the funeral program. It touched me, and I have always remembered it. You may already be aware of this poem, but I thought I would share it anyway. Love, Susan
A Child Loaned
I'll lend you for a little time
A child of Mine," He said,
"For you to love the while she lives,
And mourn for when she's dead.
It may be six or seven years
Or twenty-two or three,
But will you, till I call her back,
Take care of her for Me?
She'll bring her charms to gladden you,
And should her stay be brief,
You'll have her lovely memories
As solace for your grief.
I cannot promise she will stay,
Since all from earth return,
But there are lessons taught down there
I want this child to learn.
I've looked this wide world over
In My search for teachers true,
And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes,
I have selected you;
Now will you give her all your love,
Not think the labor vain,
Nor hate Me when I come to call
And take her back again?"
I fancied that I heard them say,
"Dear Lord, Thy will be done,
For all the joy Thy child shall bring,
The risk of grief we'll run.
We'll shelter her with tenderness,
We'll love her while we may,
And for the happiness we've known,
Forever grateful stay.
But should the angels call for her
Much sooner than we planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes
And try to understand.
- Edgar A. Guest
Posted Feb 8, 2011 4:06pm
We will be there in pink Melinda. I am so sorry for your loss, and our prayers have been with you and your family.
Darcy & David Coles
Posted Feb 8, 2011 4:04pm
I wish I could be there for you and your family, but I'll be wearing pink on Saturday in Sara's honor. Much love and prayers!!!
Love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment