Monday, January 2, 2012

Day Five 01-18-11


Posted Jan 18, 2011 8:59pm
by Melinda
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while. Yesterday was a busy day with three tests- an Echo to look at her heart, another CT scan, and an EEG.
Yesterday’s echo showed mild to moderate decreased function compared to Friday’s test which showed moderate to severe decreased function.
The CT scan showed some swelling in the brain and the EEG showed that she was not having seizures but that her wave form was low. The CT scan will be repeated on Friday using a higher dose scan so they can see more detail. These tests on Sara’s brain are just for information. The results don’t change anything the doctors do for Sara in that regard, because unfortunately there is nothing they can do for her. We are all just praying, waiting and watching for her to physically react to us or to purposefully move. It is Day 5 Post Cardiac Arrest and she’s still not awake.
I want you all to know that Steve and I feel your love and support. So many of you have asked to help and we appreciate your offers. My sweet friend, Taryn, is coordinating playdates for my girls and anything else our family might need.
There are so many examples of love and service towards our family. I will just share one with you. Karen, a woman whom I’ve never met, but have corresponded with, came up to the hospital yesterday to give me hugs and words of support along with sweet cards for Sara and I. Her daughter has had the same heart surgeries as Sara, so we have had a similar experience with our little girls. We got in contact through the California Heart Connection, a wonderful support group for parents of children with CHD’s. What a neat woman and mother and how thoughtful to think of Sara and I. Thank you Karen! L is so blessed to have you as her mother and I am blessed to have you as my Heart Mom friend!
I spend most of my time here singing and talking to Sara. I also do whatever I can for her- like doing exercises for her arms and legs, giving her spongebaths and washing and brushing her beautiful auburn hair with its golden highlights. I've also given her a manicure and pedicure.
I don’t know why Sara and our family have to go through this difficult time, but I do know that the outcome for Sara is in the Lord's hands. I am trusting in Him with all my heart and praying for my precious princess to wake up.
Love,
Melinda

Posted Jan 21, 2011 1:23am
Please let us know if the Davis family can help out in anyway. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family and sweet daughter Sara.
Posted Jan 21, 2011 12:52am
Dear Melinda,
I am so sorry for everything you are going through right now. Sara is in my thoughts and prayers. How I wish there was something I could do for you. I will keep praying for your family. Love, Lori

Posted Jan 20, 2011 1:31am
Oh Sweet Melinda...I love you! I just heard about your sweet precious Sara. You are all in our prayers and may she be healed and return home to you healthy. I am so sorry you have to go through this. I am so grateful you have your testimony...may you continue to lean on the Lord and know that he is there for you and may know that our Heavenly Father will answer your prayers. May you all be comforted...stay strong and amazing..love you Kristen, Trent, Brittany, Drage and Sydney
Posted Jan 20, 2011 1:10am
Dear Melinda,
My heart goes out to you and Steve. I know this is such a tender and difficult time. Please know we are all praying for you and your little Sara.
Natalie Affleck

Posted Jan 20, 2011 12:35am
Hi Melinda,
I look forward to your updates about Sara. Letting you know that your family are in our prayers.
Love,
Debbie and Family

Posted Jan 20, 2011 12:19am
Melinda,
We had mutual tonight and were talking about your precious Sara. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
Love, Kami Swanson

Posted Jan 19, 2011 11:44pm
Melinda,
Sara is in each & every prayer we have! We are anxious to help in anyway we can.
Much Love,
Emily & Family

Posted Jan 19, 2011 9:36pm
You all are in our thoughts and prayers all day. Sending love and strength your way.
Amy Deift

Posted Jan 19, 2011 9:27pm
I am thinking of you and your family all the time Melinda! Sending lots more prayers!
Kristin Dutwiler

Posted Jan 19, 2011 6:43pm
Melinda,
Your family is in our constant prayers. We'd also love to do anything we can to help. With love, Trina Jonas & Family

Posted Jan 19, 2011 4:03pm
Melinda, Steve, and Sara,
I just wanted to let you know how much we love you and your family. Our hearts ache imagining how difficult this must be for you, but at the same time, our souls are enlightened by reading through your experiences and examples of pure love and faith. You are all in our prayers and we know that Heavenly Father is indeed watching over you and blessing you with all that you stand in need of. Please know that our thoughts and faith are with you always. Love, Bryan and BreAnna Larson (From Steele and Nancy's family)

Posted Jan 19, 2011 12:51pm
Melinda- we would like to come up one night to visit you and give you hugs and some support!. Well keep in contact through cell txt. We are praying for a miracle. Love you xo

Posted Jan 19, 2011 11:42am
Melinda. I I am thinking about satra often and praying for her. Pleas elet me know how I can help. I will reach out to Taryn and see if she wants to coordinate a playdate with me
Posted Jan 19, 2011 11:36am
Melinda,
I heard the news last night, and I immediately said a silent prayer for you and your family. I just want to let you know I am thinking of you guys, and if we can help in any way let us know.
Darcy Coles

Posted Jan 19, 2011 11:18am
Holding a special fast for Sara today, and her name is on the Bountiful Temple prayer roll. We continue to pray for her and your family. God bless!
Love,
Becky
Posted Jan 19, 2011 2:27am
Continued prayers for your family...
Sincerely,
the Nelsons
www.momentswithmoriah.blogspot.com

Posted Jan 19, 2011 2:25am
Berkley does not miss saying a prayer with out saying Sara's name. It's very sweet and heartfelt. We love you guys and think the world of your family. Thanks again for your example.

Posted Jan 19, 2011 2:10am
Melinda, we are praying for Sara and your family. Our hearts go out to you. We love your family so much. Please let us know if we can have Cate and Anna over any time. Love, Corinne Norton

Posted Jan 19, 2011 1:23am
Melinda, I serve in the temple tomorrow, so just know that we will be praying for Sara there all day.
Love you- Barbara Lamprecht

Posted Jan 19, 2011 1:15am
Dear Melinda, we returned from vacation to Shirley's messages about Sara. She, along with all of you are in our thoughts and pray she makes a full and speedy recovery. James was very inquisitive and wanted to know how Sara was doing. Claire (Aussie Mum from preschool!)
Posted Jan 19, 2011 1:08am
You all have not left our thoughts for a moment. We continue to pray for Sara and for continued strength for you all.

Posted Jan 19, 2011 12:49am
We will continue to pray for Sara and your family.
Holly Rossiter

Posted Jan 19, 2011 12:43am
We are all praying for that, too, Melinda.
Yours,
Courtney

Posted Jan 18, 2011 11:53pm
I have been thinking of you, Sara and the rest of your family ever since I found out about what you guys are going through. Praying for a miracle! Sara is so lucky to have you. You are a wonderful mommy!!! Hang in there and stay strong. You are doing great Melinda. I know it must be VERY tough. Make sure you take care of yourself too. I wish there was something I could do to help.
Hugs,
Jessica Singelyn (SMOMC)
Mom of almost 1yr old GGB triplets

Posted Jan 18, 2011 11:42pm
I am amazed by how strong you are Melinda!!! Sara and your other 2 daughters are very lucky to have you. May you continue to be strong, for when she wakes up she'll need all the support, kisses, and hugs, her mommy can give. Sending special prayers tonight!

Posted Jan 18, 2011 11:29pm
You all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!
Katie-smomc twin mom too:)

Posted Jan 18, 2011 11:10pm
You are a GREAT mother to Sara. Thinking of you and her often.
Stephanie Smith (SMOMC mom of twin girls too)
Posted Jan 18, 2011 10:53pm
I am always thinking and praying for Sara and the rest of your family!

Posted Jan 18, 2011 10:33pm
I am praying for your family - and for Sara in particular. I am heartbroken for you, but know that Heavenly Father is watching out for youf family and for Sara. Please know that THIS twin Mom is up for talking anytime, if you need a friend. I am hoping that Sara's heart and body will mend quickly. Let me know if your ward is having a FAST for her....I would like to take part.

Posted Jan 18, 2011 10:24pm
I look forward to your updates. Thank you so much. Everyone has all of your family in their prayers especially Sara. Thank goodness for our faith. Loads of Love, Alene
Posted Jan 18, 2011 10:16pm
We are thinking of you all and praying for Sara!
Posted Jan 18, 2011 10:11pm
Praying for Sara all day today. Brian has been constantly looking at the posted pictures. We've been also feeling your Mom close and know she is with you and your family right now. Keep brushing that beautiful hair of that precious sweetheart. Keep your spirits up. Love you so much Melinda and Steve!! ~Karen (again) :)

Posted Jan 18, 2011 9:04pm
Melinda,
We are praying as well. May you be strengthened and comforted in these long hours of wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment