Sunday, January 1, 2012

Out of Pacemaker Surgery 08-11-10


Posted Aug 11, 2010 4:48pm
by Melinda
Day 9 Posst-op Fontan & Pacemaker Surgery Day
The surgeon said Sara's surgery went well this morning. We are so grateful. She came back from the OR with the breathing tube still in and very sleepy. It took her several hours to start to wake up and then they extubated her. The first thing she said to me in her temporaarily raspy voice was, "Mommy put on my panties and my clothes on." I'm guessing it's not the best feeling waking up naked and with a baby diaper on when you're almost 4 years old.
Steve is headed back home for the day and hopefully Sara and I will be home by Friday. Just to be able to think about actually going home brings a huge smile to my face!
Thanks for your love and support!
Posted Aug 13, 2010 12:45am
So happy she is doing well and looks like you will get to go home soon! Love you guys!

Posted Aug 13, 2010 12:29am
It didn't all turn out as good as was hoped, but it's still good. I think there is a great deal of joy and happiness waiting for you all in the years ahead. Melinda, I hope you don't mind me saying that I feel sympathy for the surgeon also. I think if I had been him when the nerve was severed I would have been a basket case. I don't know what they have to do to manage that kind of grief. It wouldn't surprise me if they have some kind of training to prepare themselves for such occurrences, like how to shut down the emotions. And of course everyone is different in their feelings.
I guess what I am hoping, is that you and Steve can be at peace over the entire matter when you leave. I just think the Lord will help you get there. I guess this is coming out of me because I have been particularly impressed from my recent scripture reading that the Lord's love and healing, through His taking upon Himself all our anguish, embraces every soul. On the other hand, knowing you, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that you are already there.
Love you all, and wish you joy and more joy from here on out.

Posted Aug 11, 2010 6:56pm
I'm glad the surgery is behind Sara and that it went so well. I bet you are all anxious and ready to get home! I think being home is some of the best medicine there is, it makes all the difference in the world! She looks so beautiful in all your pictures. You continue to be in our prayers.

Posted Aug 11, 2010 6:01pm
Great to hear that it went well for Sara this morning!! You and Steve are amazing parents and so kind and supportive of each other. Thank you for your example. You are all in our prayers and thougths. Beautiful girls inside and out and I can see their special glow in the pictures. With love Blair & Joni Vincent

Posted Aug 11, 2010 5:48pm
That's fabulous news. What a trooper Sara is and Mommy too. What a precious little soul she is. It was fun looking at all the cute pictures. Those little girls are going to be great best friends. How fun!!! My love and best wishes to each one of you.

Posted Aug 11, 2010 5:10pm
I'm so glad the surgery went well. Sara is so cute in those pictures and it was good to see her with a big smile on her face. The pictures with her and her sisters are so cute! Can't wait to have you two back.
Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment